STATUS REPORT ON HARITA
CONSTRUCTION OF HARITA HOUSING SCHEME AT MADHURAWADA
• VUDA has taken up an Housing scheme in the name of HARITA at Madhurawada in an extent of Ac.20.17 Cts., under Phase-I to construct 710 flats altogether in LIG, MIG & HIG categories
• The project was entrusted to M/s Jurong Infrastructure (I) Pvt. Ltd., in Nov-2009 to complete the work in two years and the project site was handed over on 02-12-2009.
• LIG, MIG-IA, MIG-IB, MIG-II & HIG category flats were allotted to various applicants by way of lottery system and the allottees are required to pay the allotted sale price in 6 installments.
• The contractual agency M/s Jurong Infrastructure (I) Pvt. Ltd., despite constant pursuance and monitoring by VUDA, did not maintain stipulated progress in construction and instead stopped the work in May-2011 requesting for escalation of agreed contract price, by the time it has completed only 20% of the work.
• VUDA denied the request of the agency as it was in violation of Agreement conditions and after failure of series of negotiations & notices given to accelerate the work, the contract was terminated as per the agreement conditions as the agency failed to resume the work.
• The contractual agency M/s Jurong Infrastructure (I) Pvt. Ltd., moved the District Court by filing a petition on 25-10-2011 praying not to grant permission to VUDA to take up the work through 3rd Party.
• After series of hearings and arguments, the judgment was pronounced by the Hon’ble District Court on 20-06-2012 in favour of VUDA by dismissing all the petitions filed by the agency.
• Caveats were filed by VUDA in the Hon’ble High Court as a precautionary measure to prevent hurdles in taking up further process for completion of balance work
• VUDA has requested Government in July-2012 and October-2012 for directions on tender process to be followed and for refund of amounts paid by allottees who are not willing to continue.
• A meeting was convened by the Hon’ble Minister for MA&UD with the Principal Secretary, MA&UD, VC, VUDA & Other Officials wherein it was instructed to work out the cost economics to take up the balance works of the project.
• A technical committee of CE-GVMC, SE-PH & CE-VUDA scrutinized the estimates prepared for balance works to be taken up for Harita.
• A meeting was convened by Hon’ble Minister, MA&UD with Principal Secretary, MA&UD, VC-VUDA & Engineers concerned in March-2013 to explore the possibilities of completion of balance works as early as possible and to create confidence among the allottees.
• In the meantime upon instructions from Principal Secretary, MA&UD, the VC-VUDA has convened a meeting on 19-2-2013, with the allottees of Harita to gather the opinion in general with regard to distribution of enhanced project cost to the allottees wherein unanimously all the Allottees declined to bear any additional increase of cost and demanded VUDA to complete the project at once and to handover the flats.
• In view of the unrest of the allottees and to restore the credibility of VUDA, it is considered to take up the balance work by splitting into different packages category / block wise in order to speed up construction of balance works.
• Accordingly, the estimates are prepared in respect of balance works category / block wise to complete the construction of flats; Tenders were floated and the works are awarded as detailed below.
· It is being arranged to hand over the flats to the allottees by July-2014.
· The schedule of payment for 5th & 6th installments by the allottees is fixed as 31st January 2014 and 30th April 2014 respectively.
· Specific allotment of individual flats - category wise - will be made in May – 2014
· Any allottee who wants to withdraw from the allotment will be permitted to do so up to 30th September 2013
· Sale of left over or resultant vacant flats will be taken up during Nov – Dec 2013